I am very excited to be typing these letters and words right now. Today is my fourth day here at Now I Can, and it’s an exciting time for me!
For those who might not know me, my name is Michael Ririe. I introduced myself to Now I Can in 2011 and the rest is history. In 2012, and with the support of many of you, we printed the Now I Can documentary with great hopes of sharing the Now I Can story with many more people. From those who have seen the book, they’re very impressed at the strength and determination of these heroes. It’s not uncommon to see tears puddle in eyes as they quickly connect on an emotional level. I am so thankful I could get to know Now I Can on such a deep level.
I’m absolutely blessed to be surrounded by such incredible people. For those of you who have walked the halls and gyms at Now I Can, you know the incredible energy that radiates. Though there are often screams and tears, the spirit of growth and improvement is thick. It’s hard not to smile. The patients, families, and staff all contribute to this impressive atmosphere and climate which maximizes possibilities. I’m proud to be a part of this great work.
What Tracey and Joel Christensen have founded is magical, and it effects all who come in contact with Now I Can. The patients become more independent, the families are strengthened, the volunteers are exposed to professional experiences, and everyone seems to want to do more good. If so much positive is being accomplished, why not participate? Now I Can is incredibly unique. We exist for you! Along the way, we’re all made better.
I would like to invite you to join us and then share it. Participate in this story, support our heroes! How can you help? We want more people to see, feel, and hear this story, and thanks to modern technology anyone can. If you’re not already following us, here are some ways you can stay up to date on our story:
- This blog Do you subscribe to blogs? This will be a particularly beneficial blog to follow. You’ll me motivated at every turn, and learn of possibilities to participate. Please subscribe, and invite your family and friends to subscribe! You’ll also have opportunities to share your thoughts.
- Facebook Who isn’t on Facebook? Here is a chance to be updated on little pieces of the magic. If you already like our Now I Can Foundation page, we thank you. Now we need you to share that page with all your friends and family.
- Twitter Are you connected through Twitter? Follow along, and have your friends and family follow along as well!
- Newsletter Would you like to be updated whenever we send out our email newsletter? At the bottom of our website you will find a place to put your email address. Send it off and we’ll have you updated in no time!
- Buy a Book Here is a beautiful fine art photography book that would go perfect in your home! Here’s a chance for you to show family and friends a physical representation of what they could be following. If you like the book, give it a review on Amazon! Remember, the book was printed with donations made by members of our community. This way all proceeds come back to the patients!
Do you use Instagram to take pictures on your mobile device? Follow “now_i_can” to see our pictures! Also, if you are here or with one of our patients tag your pictures with #nowican, and we will be able to see your pictures too!
So, what’s your story with Now I Can? Let us know when you’ve passed along your story! Please share it with everyone!